Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Checking back in...

Will this car ever be done?  I'm beginning to wonder.  I'm even wondering if it will ever be on wheels again!  It's been on blocks so long that I'll bet the frame is permanently sagged.  Certainly the doors don't open and shut like they used to.  Oh well, I'll worry about that when I'm getting ready to roll it out into the elements.  Also, clearly I'm not cut out to be a blogger.  It's been nearly 3 months since my last entry!  And there wasn't much there either.

So, here's what's happened in the past 3 months:

Battery boxes

  1. Cut and painted all the plywood that will be the "box" part of the battery boxes.  I previously showed the angle framework for these boxes.
  2. Discarded my original "battery hold down system," designed and installed a new one that I like a lot better.
  3. The new battery hold down system meant redesigning the lids.  That is done as well, though the lids have not yet been painted.

Engine compartment

  1. Fabricated trays to hold engine components, including DMOC, DC/DC converter, fluid heater, vacuum system, and accessory battery.

General

  1. Fabricated and installed PVC pipe through center "hump" to run battery cables from rear battery box to engine compartment.
  2. Fabricated brackets in trunk for the Zivan charger.
  3. Replaced rear struts - new struts and new heavier springs (for additional 800 lbs on rear axle).
  4. Replaced front and rear brakes (rotors, pads)
  5. Re-wired the garage where the car is stored.

Ok, so here's where the rubber meets the road.  I am going to try and be more diligent (have I said this before?  Probably, but I don't want to look back and check.  Too embarrassed!), so firstly I'll write a few retrospective entries to explain what's happened over the past 3 months then see where I go from there.  I've also got to do better with taking pictures.  The problem with working alone a lot is that I don't ever think about documenting what I'm doing, so I'm not sure how good these retrospectives are going to be....

Plunging back into the blogosphere I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment