Installing the main battery racks:
Before loading them in, I reinstalled the trim panels and the carpeting since I figured it would be really hard to do that after the racks are in place. Of course I then found out that the trim panel interferes with the box. So I had to cut a slot in the trim panel on each side near the rear seatbelt anchors.
Before I can assemble the boxes and put the batteries in, though, I need to get the car back on its wheels. I am worried about the car sitting on jack stands with all that weight!
Things to do before the wheels go on:
- Run the 12V and PakTrakr wires from the engine compartment to the trunk.
- Run the charger wires and #2 battery cables from the rear battery box to the engine compartment (through the PVC conduit).
- Run the wires from the engine compartment to the dashboard (gauge wires, Regen box wires, heater control wires).
- Re-assemble fender skirts and front bumper.
- Complete 12V and signal wiring in engine compartment.